AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jd or ag leader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/14/2017 08:12 (#6364171 - in reply to #6363211)
Subject: RE: Jd or ag leader

Southern Minnesota Between Freeborn & Wells
I'm prejudiced because I have used Ag Leader products since their beginning and used to work as a Tech with the stuff.

Since you already have Ag Leader products, I would suggest sticking with them. I have now progressed to three InCommand 1200's with 6500 GPS and SteerCommand for steering three tractors. One on the units is moved to the combine for yield monitoring but no steering there.

The planter tractor uses the system for steering through Deere's CAN system. While planting several modules are mounted on the planter. I have a Seed Tube Monitoring Module for seed population and monitoring and a Clutch Control Module for seed section control. The planter is ground drive so no hydraulic drive is used but it could be.

An Application Rate Module is also used on the planter for starter fertilizer monitoring (not control as it is ground drive also). I also have a Liquid Product Control Module for monitoring and controlling a spray system on the planter.

This all works together very well. Advanced seed tube monitoring is available for corn with either an Integra or the current InCommand display. Any modules you have for spraying etc will work fine with the newest displays. I had Insights for several years and have now traded for the latest models. All my previous modules work fine with the new displays.

My planting tractor is a Deere 8310R so the steering is done through the Deere CAN system. I would suspect that with the 7210R, this would also be possible. The other tractors are older Deere's that had external steering valves which work fine with the SteerCommand ECU's.

Edited by tedbear 11/14/2017 08:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)