AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 11/12/17*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 11/12/2017 08:35 (#6360002)
Subject: *****Weigh Ins For 11/12/17*****

Good Sunday Morning. It was a busy week here for what I call the "Poop Brigade". Last week the liquids were pumped out and spread on the fields, and this past week, time to take the sides off the slurrystore and get in there with the skid loader and remove the solids and sand that settle to the bottom. Started doing that on Monday and they finished Thursday afternoon. Now that is a lot of poop.

My job this week was to get MIL packed to head down to TX. She leaves on Tuesday. She is 93 years old and needs help with that. For the past few years she has been flying down and friends pick her up. But this year we thought she could use more help and Dave's sister is coming tomorrow and will fly down with her and help her get everything unpacked and put away. She loves her friends down there and they are all so good to her. Wondering if this will be her last year going down there. Hard to watch as our parents need more help. Hope all goes well for her trip.

Well, scale time. I thought Dave would lose with all his tractor time, being so busy around the farm, but guess the cookies that came with the lunches didn't help. He only gained .2, so not bad. Me, I stayed the same. I need to get a new scale, but think I will order one and have it ship to our AZ address. The number readout is just not working right.

Hope you all are winding down with the harvest. Please be careful. On the news last night there were two farm related accidents. One a farmer got caught in a corn picker and had to be air lifted to a hospital and the other a car ran into a grain wagon at night. Hoping the farmer had the right lights and reflective signs on his equipment.

Have a good week.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)