AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does a totally full clean grain elevator mess with the AgLeader impact sensor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

glfarms
Posted 11/9/2017 13:02 (#6355041 - in reply to #6353506)
Subject: RE: Does a totally full clean grain elevator mess with the AgLeader impact sensor?

Nebraska
I would guess that the design of the clean grain elevator could cause some problems. I believe some combines need a extra plate added to make them accurate some as with a NH you need to remove 3 clean grain paddles to make it work. I would assume agleader has done the testing and if properly installed and properly calibrated you should not be having the problem you are having. I like others believe your calibration method is the problem. You have to have at least 4 for the full calibration to be completed. You are correct in saying you cant achieve a high flow rate in a low yielding crop but it is still possible to get a low flow rate in a high yield crop by just slowing down. Your monitor has no idea how good the crop is. It is only detecting a flow rate. It then calculates the yield based on speed and head width.

Please help us learn also and do 4 calibration loads at 4 different flow rates. Don't use any of your previous loads. Let us know the results.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)