AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does a totally full clean grain elevator mess with the AgLeader impact sensor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Allis4ever
Posted 11/8/2017 22:48 (#6354105 - in reply to #6353506)
Subject: RE: Does a totally full clean grain elevator mess with the AgLeader impact sensor?

central iowa
dpilot83 - 11/8/2017 18:58

I have a 2012 Gleaner S67. I did a high flow calibration load (4.4 mph, 242 bushels per acre according to cart scale = 3,800 bph average for the pass) after the low flow (1000 bph) and medium flow (2,200 bph) loads.

The next pass over was similar yielding corn according to when the bin got full. However, yield monitor was saying 200 bushel corn at 4.4 mph. When I slowed down to 3 mph the yield came up to 240 again.

I re-did the high flow load with the same results.

I'm wondering if 3,800 bph is so close to the capacity of the clean grain elevator and bin fill auger that it is "flooding" the impact sensor and it's reading fewer bph than what's actually going through it.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

HERE IS HOW TO PROPERLY CALIBRATE A AG LEADER MONITOR, DO THIS AND 99% OF THE TIME IT WILL WORK AS IT SHOULD

take max speed you want to run, lets say 5mph

so you need to do at least 4 loads to do a full calibration, I have guys do 5 then if one is off i can throw it out and still do a full cal. (your 3 is short of allowing a full cal)

so you will do one at 5, 4.5, 4, 3.5, 3. All with full head and all with the same length rows and 3000 pounds minimum, (i shoot for 4000) Ideally no turning and no waterways, but i have done them with them and got by fine.

If 4.5 mph is your max then adjust accordingly, if 6mph is max then once again adjust accordingly

This works almost always for me and my customers.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)