AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Affordable Mapping?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 11/8/2017 22:07 (#6354020 - in reply to #6352823)
Subject: RE: Affordable Mapping?

SW Iowa

Beef State Ben - 11/8/2017 11:39 I've got a simple lightbar (Outback S-Lite, specifically) and am pretty happy with it, but I have adding terraces over the years and my field shapes are getting weirder and weirder. As such, I find myself wishing that I had live mapping going on in my cab. I don't want autosteer. I don't want a subscription if I can help it.

I doubt my sprayer could connect to it

and my planter doesn't have row clutches…I just need to know where I've laid a swath and where I haven't. What is the most affordable way/which is the most affordable unit to get into mapping?

Boy, if you are in some terraces and probably point rows, you would find having "autoswath" for spraying and controlling boom/sections to be a very nice option, along with "mapping".

Don't short change yourself. Think ahead a little bit. {I initially was going to control my own booms, manually; but over that Winter, I decided on adding a module, to the sprayer, and let "autoswath" control the sprayer shutoffs = one of the best decisions, I've made for any of this "precision equipment"}

I happen to have Ag Leader, but just get a system that has the ability to control the sprayer boom sections, even if you don't use it immediately. [Note: I just use the Free "WAAS" GPS signal.]

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)