AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD hydraflex on R series Gleaner
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

berggrenfarms
Posted 11/6/2017 10:42 (#6349026 - in reply to #6348324)
Subject: RE: JD hydraflex on R series Gleaner

Nebraska, The land of corn and cattle

What dont you like about the 800 head? Weve had 2, one on an R60 without LT, and one on our current R62 with LT, both have been 25ft with air reels. From what Ive seen, we can shave the ground as good or better than a JD head, no idea what heads they are but I know the combines are as new or newer than our 62. I can try and get some pics of the job we do if you want.

One thing that we did fight with was the rod ends underneath on the skid shoes. The steel on steel ones would get bound up and wouldnt float very well even though they were all loose. We cured that by going with teflon lined ends from QA1, same price as the steel on steel ones from AGCO. Much better flex and seems much smoother than it was before.

Im not sure if you have an earlier 62 that uses the 3 finger switch on the head like on our R60 did, but you can get it to float better by adding a second switch and uncoupling the rod in the middle. I cant remember if we bought a wire harness or made it. But it did help a bunch.   

If you wanna bring it over and pay me I can do the same to yours.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)