AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD hydraflex on R series Gleaner
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Allis4ever
Posted 11/6/2017 07:55 (#6348758 - in reply to #6348264)
Subject: RE: JD hydraflex on R series Gleaner

central iowa
mailman13 - 11/5/2017 21:10

Has anyone run a JD 600 series hydraflex on a R series Gleaner? I talked to Bish Mfg. at a farm show and they said it can be done. We had an adapter to run the 200 and 900 series JD platforms but they now offer an adapter that centers the head on the combine. The biggest obstacle is adapting to the hydraulic pressure that the JD header uses. After getting a chance to run a 635F next to our Agco flex head in the same field, it is quickly apparent that the JD head is far superior in how it cuts and feeds and would be worth adapting our R62 to the hydraflex. There are plenty of hydraflex's around and can be bought fairly reasonable.

I agree that the 600 deere heads do a good job of shaving the ground, I would argue they are a bit close for me since we have rocks in places that an inch or two higher cut is a good thing and so few pods that low anyway. I have a 8200 with the sch and it does as close as any other header but the 600, some say if you turn the sch over it will cut lower, but i am not going to do that cause of the rocks. Think with a air reel that a 8200 would have to out feed a 600 by quite a bit?????

On your original question, If bish says it can be done i see no reason why you couldn't do it. Just turn them loose and have them build it for you. Like has been said those 600 heads can be had for pretty cheap now.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)