AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 11/5/17*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 11/5/2017 07:50 (#6346393)
Subject: *****Weigh Ins For 11/5/17*****

Good Sunday Morning. Onto another month, November is here and hoping everyone is winding down on with their harvest. Went to pick up our grandson and saw lots of corn out in the fields yet. We are done, but now the chore of emptying the harvester slurrystore. Got the liquids all out and next have to take out the panels to get the skid loader in there and get rid of the sand. So it will be a busy week ahead. Please be careful out there. A SUV verses a combine here in WI didn't go well. 7PM, so it was dark, and the SUV just didn't see the combine. Killed 3 people. How is that farmer going to survive that without great mental anguish. These small country roads and the big combines are not good. I know you all are careful and now especially with it getting dark earlier, it will be even more dangerous. I know how big these combine are, but yet, I was on the country road after checking on my MIL and came over the hill and there was the huge combine that took up the whole road. Lucky I wasn't going too fast and could go down to a crawl and eased off the side as he did too so we could get past each other. It is just so sad to see accidents like that happen.

Having fun with our grandson here. He went out with Dave to the new hunting shack tree house. Saw a deer, but not close enough for the crossbow. I worry about Eli being with him if Dave were to shoot one. Eli is very sensitive when it comes to killing anything except moles. He doesn't even want to eat the fish he catches. So we will see.

Now to the tale of the scale. Finally went and got new batteries. Thought it was a 9 volt and bought a bunch of them to also put in the smoke detectors in all the houses. You all should do that too. Anyway, open it up and found out it was AA batteries that were needed. I had them, so put them in. The scale still doesn't work. It works, but not right. It has a memory to the last time it was used, with 5 different users. The current weight comes up, but the memory weight doesn't show the number right. Let's say I weighed 150 (in my dreams) it wouldn't show the number 5, it shows part of it. So we can get along with it for now, but will have to get a new one in the future. Dave sneaked out early to go deer hunting so he didn't weigh. I did and lost .8 pounds.

Hope you had a good weigh in.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)