AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No carb diet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

KRM
Posted 11/6/2017 13:47 (#6349289 - in reply to #6345234)
Subject: RE: No carb diet

NC Kansas
It is the quickest/easiest way to lose weight. Not that avoiding sugar and carbs is easy, more that you don't have to exercise much if you eat correctly. It's very hard to cut carbs as they are literally everywhere, but if you can take a 30 day break and be super strict about no sugar or carbs it will really make a difference and jumpstart your weight loss. As a grain farmer it's hard to get on the no-grains band wagon and really you won't totally live that lifestyle as it's basically impossible.
Look up Vinnie Tortorich, he's a Hollywood fitness trainer. He has a pod cast, I first heard of him on the Adam Carolla podcast. He's taught me a lot about what your body does with sugar and fat storage. Most all carbs are transformed into sugars through digestion. He's pretty a straightforward guy and if you do what he says, you will lose weight. It's basically like the Atkins diet, so look into that too. You don't have to live without carbs but you have to break the cycle of eating too many carbs and substitute a lot of protein.
One thing I really take away from Vinnie, is to not punish yourself into eating crap like diet pop. He says the liver is stimulated by sugars to tell your body to store fat and that the sugar substitutes effect your liver the same way regular sugar does. The only benefit of diet pop is the lack of calories, but if it's paired with a big mac and fries you already have all the fat calories you need and no matter what kinda pop you drink your liver will release enzymes/hormones to tell your body to store that fat at a higher rate than normal.
Fill your body with fats and protein and it will fill satisfied... fill it with sugar/fake sugar and carbs that turn into sugar will only leave you wanting more. A good mix of foods in moderation is the key, it's breaking the cycle that's hard, and keeping it broken is sometimes harder.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)