AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Arthritis in knees
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Haoleguy
Posted 11/2/2017 21:18 (#6342298 - in reply to #6330615)
Subject: RE: Arthritis in knees

Plenty of good suggestions above that in some combination will help. Early this summer I had a hip flexor strain pop up and it's been slow to resolve. Finally I was able to get an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon. My diagnosis was hip and lower back arthritis that created a hip dysplasia leading to the flexor strain. The osteoarthritis is one factor but it appears that too much sitting(couch, tractor, car, etc) created a shortening of muscles which screwed up my body mechanics. I'm using diclofenac(NSAID like Celebrex) to relieve any inflammation. The big step is 2x a week with a physical therapist to start stretching the muscles around my hips, legs, and back. In addition, I'm given daily stretching exercises to do and to make sure I get in a long walk each day. At this point I'm seeing positive steps but I'm still not over the hill in resolving the hip flexor pain completely. It comes back with certain body moves. My objective is to get better functionally for the farming work and to hold off a hip transplant. And one last thing I'm doing is to watch food intake to keep weight down as we approach the winter season. Good luck T&C.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)