AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for a newer combine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hinfarm
Posted 10/26/2017 07:55 (#6328171)
Subject: Looking for a newer combine

Amherst WI
My old combine may or may not finish out the season here this year. I am running a 2188 that will roll 5000 engine hours any day now. While I wouldn't call it a rolling pile of crap it hasn't been trouble free either. I still have a lot of beans to do as well as most of my dry corn. I lost 5 days of bean combining to mechanical issues with it. That still wouldn't put me "done" at beans but I would be a lot closer. Every time I grease it or pull a panel off I seem to find another small issue from just being older and wore out.

It sits in a 3 sided shed in the off season but I don't have a shop big enough for a combine. I usually work on the combine in the driveway in September since we are busy irrigating and making hay in the summer. I want something with low hours that doesn't need so much work.

If I do update I would like to go new enough even with Case IH that I would need newer heads than the 1020 and the 1083 I have now. I'd also like to go to a 35' bean platform so when the weather does cooperate I can get something accomplished.

I have found a Lexion 730 with about 1000 sep and 1600 engine hours on it for what I would call and auction price. They have a 30ft head and they are trying to find a 8 row corn head now too. I'll be into this setup for under $100K.

I know their resale sucks, that's why it looks like a good value to me since I am a buyer. Other red and green machines are almost double the hours and the same price and 5 years older.

I will go and say we don't have any combine "experts" around here no matter the color. We just don't have the acres other areas do to have those kinds of guys in the shop so as far as that goes I'd put all colors on an even playing field.

Basically I'm looking for a big class 6 or class 7 combine, with <1500 separator hours and I don't want to spend more than $100K with the heads included.

What does Ag Talk suggest?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)