AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Manure flow control - Not sure the EZG500/EZ boom will do it
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 10/21/2017 18:34 (#6319415)
Subject: Manure flow control - Not sure the EZG500/EZ boom will do it

I planned/hoped I could control manure with an ezboom/ezguide 500 setup, but I think it will just monitor flow from a flow meter. It looks like I do not have the variable rate unlock and currently the application control parameters do not go high enough (250 gpa rate, 5000 gal tank size). Does the VR unlock change these values or is this just not going to work? I never thought to check the high limit settings since I thought it emulated a raven 440 which will work with manure control.

So, if the VR unlock doesn't give me the features I need, I need to get something else. I have an Insight in a combine with autoswath that would work (I need the modules and harness) and I also have an integra and modules in our hagie. I could pull all the agleader stuff from the hagie but I'd rather not since manure is hard on stuff. The EZ hardware was nice since it was just 2 units and not much wiring. I'd really like to keep that simplicity (no modules to hide somewhere with the required rats nest of wiring).

I've thought about outback since I have used it a lot for basic guidance and autosteer - of course that's because it's cheap. I'm not sure outback's application control is attractively priced on the used market.

I'd appreciate any ideas/thoughts.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)