AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra header height
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/22/2017 12:06 (#6320716 - in reply to #6320361)
Subject: New Information

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Well, my door healed over night and opens as usual. I backed the combine out and prepared to hook on the corn head as I finished beans on Friday before the rain. Prior to hooking on the corn head I brought up the diagnostics for the speed module.

I observed that the Raw head item had a value, I raised my throat to the maximum height and it showed a 808. I lowered the throat and it showed 324. This confirms my suspicions that I mentioned in a prior post that the Raw value should increase as the throat is raised and decrease as the throat is lowered. In the normal run mode my screen shows 0 -100% without a head. With heads attached the lower number is limited since the throat cannot go fully down.

This leads me to believe that you header sensor is operating "backwards" for some reason. I don't have an explanation as to how this might have happened. My first Ag Leader Yield Monitor was on a 7720 and it used this style of add on sensor. It was mounted on the right side of the throat (based on operator in the seat). It attached under the cab and had a rod sticking forward. This rod was connected by a light chain to a bolt on the throat. The chain allowed the operator to adjust the effective length of the chain to get action.

I do recall that on some combines this sensor was mounted on the left and I believe some change needed to be made. I'm thinking that it might have involved rearranging the wires.

I strongly believe that the heart of your problem deals with the reverse change in the Raw Head Height reading.

Here's how I would approach the situation. Get a meter. set it to resistance (ohms). Connect to two of the three leads. Have someone run the head up and down. Watch the meter and try different pairs, such as A & B, B & C and A & C. You might want to mark them with tape.

Here's what you should find. With one combination the resistance will not change. With another, the resistance will increase as the throat is raised, with the third combination the resistance will decrease as the throat is raised.

You do not want to use the pair where the resistance does not change. One of the others will be correct and the other backwards.

Hope this helps

Edited by tedbear 10/22/2017 12:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)