AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Incommand 1200 Autoswath ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/21/2017 08:24 (#6318840 - in reply to #6317459)
Subject: RE: Incommand 1200 Autoswath ?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
kgbarnett22 - 10/20/2017 06:40

Do you have boundaries for your fields? I have always had problems with Autoswath If I get outside of field boundaries.

I have used Insights for many years with auto swath. Some of my fields have boundaries and other do not. The only time I had a problem with auto swath while planting or spraying with auto swath and boundaries is if I stray outside the boundary. The system will then do what it is supposed to and may shut off an outer section that is completely out of the boundary. To prevent this I just leave auto swath inactive for the first outside pass.

In harvest situations, I find that the auto swath width adjustment is not very precise. I haven't noticed this to change in fields that have or do not have boundaries. Partially this is due to the fact that I only use a WAAS receiver for harvest. One thing that is different about harvest is the delay factor.

In a sprayer or planter we need the response to be very quick in turning a section ON/OFF. In a combine when I encounter point rows and the head switches from 8 rows to 6, the grain inside the combine passing through still came from 8 rows. There will be a bit of time before the grain from only 6 rows. Possibly this delay is what is making us think that the width change is not working, then again maybe it does not work very well.

This brings up another thought. Suppose I have auto swath set to inactive and plan on adjusting the rows or width manually with the arrow keys. If I notice I'm going from a full swath of 8 rows progressively down to none, I could push an arrow key each time a row drops off but am I really gaining any accuracy since the combine still has grain in it from more rows?

With rectangular fields this is not much of a problem and I don't concern myself with this much.

I am now using InCommand 1200's instead of the Insights and find the behavior to be the same concerning auto swath in planting, spraying or harvest situations.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)