AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tell me which pickup snow plows to consider
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Kjostad
Posted 10/20/2017 06:15 (#6317323 - in reply to #6317186)
Subject: RE: Tell me which pickup snow plows to consider

Central, IN
V plow will out work and perform a stright any time for anything IMO. I started out with a snoway straight blade and we now run 3 of the snoway v blades. Honestly this is like a chevy/ford question! Should be interesting. U will need to get some timbren blocks for the front of the truck trust me it will help with adding the weight of that plow. To make it work good carry 1000-1500lbs in the bed to offset the plow it will bull through a lot of snow doing that. As far as the sod goes there isnt a good way just the best way u can figure out. Personally i would find the sod and bump it up couple inches. It will peal sod really easy if not frozen. l like snoway because of the down pressure, dealer support and i have had them long enough to trouble shoot most anything. I have plowed stuff with down pressure the a normal plow wouldnt touch and it helps in back dragging. What ever u get do NOT let them wire in to ur head lights with scotch clips like most do. Ur in snow and slat and it will get in thise scotch clips. Tell them u want them to use the heat shrink butt connectors no matter what. If i can think of some more i will add to it later.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)