AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Johndeere 630 header is carrying beans around center
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/20/2017 07:31 (#6317442 - in reply to #6316999)
Subject: RE: Johndeere 630 header is carrying beans around center

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
deeretech14 - 10/19/2017 20:44

My 625 does that when they start to get tough. Check the clearances on your auger strippers. Don't remember them off top of my head but they are in the book. I highly doubt it's returning on top of the feeder chain. You can try backing the finger timing off slightly and see if it helps any but I doubt it will.

The mention of strippers reminds me. My 630F had two sets of strippers as do most all in my area. Some of my friends have had holes wear through the end of the front stripper. The wear occurs where the beans need to change direction at the inner ends of the strippers in the middle of the head.

In talking to a friend who had to rebuild his due to holes, he asked me how large the holes were in my head. I replied that I didn't have holes yet but was trying to prevent this from happening by possibly going with poly liners. His reply was to remove the front set of strippers as he felt that they were pinching the beans and causing the wear and not to bother with the poly.

Right or wrong I followed his advice and removed my front strippers. I put a flat headed carriage bolt such as a used with a leg bucket in the open slots after removing the stripper. I left the strippers on the shop floor in case I needed to reinstall them due to poor feeding. When I removed the front stripper, I could see and feel the wear in that area. So far at least in my conditions I have not had problems with the strippers removed.

I did notice in the owner's manual that it seemed to imply that the front stripper is an option which my used head had.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)