AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This has to be a joke.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 10/13/2017 07:12 (#6304930 - in reply to #6304895)
Subject: RE: This has to be a joke.

southern MN
The two tractors I have with locking pto brakes I carry a small pry bar with them.

Some of those new collars are not easy to operate either, you have to pull the collar one direction, while pushing the shaft the other direction - not intuitive or easy for folk that aren't linebacker brutes..... I watch my wife or town friends struggle with things that I do just naturally, my size and arm strength works, but for those not used to or built up wrist/arm strength, lots of stuff is really hard on the farm.....

This device is a hoot, it makes the process more visible, out in the open to see what you are doing, but it turns a 6 point alignment into a 4 point alignment - worse instead of better. Too funny. If you've never hooked up a pto, I guess being able to see those 4 studs line up is easier than thinking about how the 6 splines are lining up on a pto. After a dozen times, the splines would be a lot easier really. And now with the adaptor, you have to worry about the shaft bottoming out, and you change where the knuckle bends so the geometry of turning is off. And then, if you have a nice old 8N or anything built before mid 1950s you probably have a Over Riding Coupler which already extends the pto shaft, now add this on.... oh boy.

If you go to tractorbynet.com and read the city folk with new compact tractors a bit, they really complain about how hard it is to hook up 3pt equipment. They like to buy A frame type connections, even a quick hitch is just too much fuss.... they don't remember the ihc M and bolting a front mount cultivator or a belly mower on and how that could be a half day job.... I guess it's perspective.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)