AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2600 to Raven 440 NH3
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/10/2017 07:36 (#6298864 - in reply to #6297384)
Subject: RE: 2600 to Raven 440 NH3

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
delta1860 - 10/9/2017 13:56

If you wanted to you could wire whisker switch to run an external master switch on the 440 cabling. There should be two cables coming out of the 440 cabling one is orange the other is orange with a white strip. If you connect those two together via a whisker switch they will control the on/off. You will just leave the existing master in the off position.

Yes, the orange and orange/white wires can be used as a remote master going to a manual switch or implement switch. An actual switch can be located in a more convenient location. As mentioned above this could be used with an implement switch but I strongly discourage this.

1) by using an implement switch with NH3, the flow would not be shut off until the bar was raised up out of the ground. This would allow NH3 to continue to flow out into the air until the system bleeds down. This is a bit of a waste, could be harmful and gives the general public some more to complain about. Here we are very close to having NH3 restricted even more. All we need is pheasant hunters driving around looking for our buffer strips to go hunting on to see a white cloud as the farmer raises the NH3 bar on each end.

2) NH3 would start to flow anytime the implement was lowered unless the operator would shut off the Power switch on the Raven. This could lead to some nasty surprises.

I really don't think using the actual Master switch or a remote manual switch should be that difficult. As mentioned above, if a switch is installed between the orange and orange/white wires, leave the Master switch in the OFF position. Since the two switches are effectively wired in parallel having either or both in the ON position will open the valve(s). They must both be OFF to close the valve(s).

Edited by tedbear 10/10/2017 07:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)