AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Insight Troubleshooting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/7/2017 08:19 (#6292895 - in reply to #6292654)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Insight Troubleshooting

Southern Minnesota Between Freeborn & Wells
Remembrancefarmsllc - 10/7/2017 00:48

I guess the “good” thing is the combine itself is working like it should. Even though there is no elevator speed for the AL, no buzzer is going off for any of the systems within the cab.

The first think I’ll plan to do is check the wiring to the battery for the moisture meter. Quick question, should that go right to the battery, or to the solenoid after that battery? I originally ran both that and the gps power to the battery and one of them ran my battery dead (never would shut off). I’ll check the wiring though.

For the elevator sensor, I’m a bit more confused. That would go through the speed module, correct? When I installed the system, although it was used, I did get a new shaft sensor cable that goes to the other side of the combine and plugs in.

The wiring to the moisture sensor auger motor should go directly to the battery. This should not run down the battery unless the proximity switch circuitry has failed and the motor runs constantly. The cable and fuse run the motor, the actual moisture sensing part is powered through the moisture module itself.

The GPS power should come from a source that is switched power or it will draw a small amount that would eventually run down the battery.

Yes, the elevator speed cable should go to the speed module. The speed module should have a branch leading to the transmission sensor for ground speed, a branch leading to the height sensor and another branch leading to the elevator speed sensor.

I had an Insight on a 9500 for several years and this all worked fine. I later moved it to a 9650STS and have now moved it to a 9770. The clean grain elevator arrangement was the same on all the combines although I did need to change the connectors when I moved it to the 9770. This year I replaced the Insight with an InCommand 1200 which required an adapter in the cab but no changes on the combine itself.

Since this combine has a battery disconnect switch on the battery box, I usually switch it off to prevent any battery drawn when the combine is going to sit for a while. If I'm using it on a daily basis I don't bother to use the disconnect switch.

Edited by tedbear 10/7/2017 08:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)