AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

reality check...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 9/23/2006 15:30 (#46064 - in reply to #45729)
Subject: Not so sure it will happen in PA

I know what you mean about the computers. My first one was a Tandy, mainly because the local Radio Shack had a knowledgeable person to help you. Boy the good old days of 5.25" floppy's and DB3. If only we had been smart enough to buy MS stock.

With PA the technology part of it is such a small item compared to the rest of the machine I don't know if open systems will have that much of an effect. I think each mfg thinks of the PA side as something they can make proprietary and have a captive audience because they will continue to buy their machines and go along with their PA equipment because of the convience. I don't think they believe anyone will actually change colors just to get different PA equipment and I probably wouldn't either.

The problem is smaller companies like Map Shots can adapt more easily than the large corps. It didn't take CIH long to trash the system they bought from Denny Bell. As far as I'm concerned it did nothing but go down hill once they got their fingers in it and started messing around.

A lot of it goes back to what I ran into when I first got into computers... the person trying to design the computer software doesn't really understand the business that he's trying to design the software for and the person who understands the business doesn't know enough to write the software.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)