AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FieldView
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

GOOSEPILOT
Posted 9/28/2017 06:45 (#6275429 - in reply to #6275190)
Subject: RE: FieldView

WC Mn/Dakotas
I agree, I really like the split view and Harvest. I use split view all the time.

I was disappointed to see these "changes" announced and thought there would have been more backlash. But maybe most growers didnt realize this until they find out once they get in the cab.

Speaking of Fieldpins, i found out the hard way some other things this summer. Fieldview is NOT consultant friendly at all. I made the mistake of using only fieldview to pin some of my growers test plots this summer. I have a paid Fieldview Plus account and backdoor several growers data into my account so i have all fields on my ipad. I dropped pins on my ipad, but if a growers account lapsed, i lost MY pins. After spending a full day on the phone with various climate corp people, I found out that the free pro on 2 fields trial made it look like their account was good until 2018 even though their Fieldview Plus had run out.

Long story short, after being down for a couple weeks, my window to check plots came and went. All my time and thousands of dollars was wasted. The worst part us my proof of precision ag will have to wait until next year.

Bottom line is it is "nice" to have the convience of this data at your fingertips, BUT you cant rely on it as your only source of data management.

Then i found out fieldview plus is going up to $1000. I fear this is just the tip of the iceberg of climate corps future plans. Make farmers believe it can do everything and you dont need to pay an agronomist because everything is "quick and easy". But then on the other hand they talk about building on their platform in the future. I hope they make it more consultant friendly so they have a future or we are just going to find alternative options and forget about them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)