AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Puting hot soybeans in grain bin
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 9/24/2017 21:59 (#6268500 - in reply to #6268172)
Subject: RE: Puting hot soybeans in grain bin

We started filling our 3rd bin today. One ia a 10,000 bu bin with a 10 hp fan. Beans went in @ 13 -14% with a few butter beans. First couple days I only ran the fan at night but let it run a ll day today. Will shut it off in the morning and go back to running the fanmonly at night for a couple nights.

Othehr 2 bins are 5,000 bu each, with small , 1.5 hp,. Ist one will be a ns were 1t1-12% & also had a few butter beans but other than that were clean. Put about 500 bu in the other bin around noon that were 15% with some green pods & green beans. Fans have been running on both bins since we started filling. With smaller fans I feel its better to keep air moving.

Plan on checking them daily. As long as you can feel air moving thru them and smell ok I think you will be fine. Air stops or begin to get an odor then you need to consider at least coring the bin to see what's going on.

Years ago we use to put 15% beans in wooden grainerys with no air. Never had an issue with them but don't rec a ll it being this hot this time of year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)