AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble and John Deere Guidance Lines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

case14
Posted 9/24/2017 18:52 (#6267896)
Subject: Trimble and John Deere Guidance Lines

MN
Looking using a John Deere Tractor pulling a strip till machine running Greenstar on RTK and Trimble RTK for everything else. Planting on the strip is important. Is there a way to transfer guidance lines from Trimble RTK to John Deere Greenstar? I'm most familiar with Trimble.

This seems to be something that has been discussed on NAT several times over the last 5 years and if there is a resolution to it, I'm not aware.

Things I have heard (un confirmed and not sure if they work):
1. Use SMS software to import the lines from Trimble and then export to Greenstar
2. Use Greenstar to create new Straight Track guidance lines (Non John Deere 2 can be used to align with TrimbleĀ® guidance lines), then export lines to SMS to then import into Trimble monitor for future use. (not ideal for me as I already have lines made using Trimble)
3. Put a Greenstar steering system on a CaseIH (not happening as it is not in the budget)

It seems #2 option would seem like the system could follow a Trimble line if it was imported into the Greenstar system since it can create one? Sounds possible, but can't find any discussion that actually confirms it.

Who has overcome this issue and how did the solution work?

Thanks!

Edited by case14 9/24/2017 21:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)