AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for help in this matter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

99MAX
Posted 9/24/2017 18:16 (#6267815 - in reply to #6267682)
Subject: RE: Looking for help in this matter

Stearns County, Minnesota

toot - 9/24/2017 16:05 I am looking for some advice. I have a small farm (11 ac) .I live next to a airport that want's to expand. The city want to take 3 ac. If this happen I lose my hobby farm statues. My land become useless with a run way running through it. The value of my place would be at best 1/3 of what it is now. I would lose about 200 tree, I would lose my feed lot permit. My taxes would go up big time.There are 3 other that would lose land, a ( 2 ac.). a ( 25 ac). and a Co op that would have to move. They city or airport hired Prosource to do the land acquisition or condemnation. We said we would meet with them in a group , they said no that would not work. What would you do ,any help would be very helpful. Feel free to voice your opinion. Thanks

About 25 years ago I was on the City Council and they did an expansion of the airport.  One farmer had 20 acres and they were taking 5 acres from his 20 acre parcel.  They offered him about $8000 for the 5 acres, which came to about $1600 an acre.  He would not settle for that , so he hired an attorney from St. CLoud.  It ended up in Stearns County Court.  He ended up right at $30,000 when it was settled.  The case number is listed below and you can take that number to the Stearns County Courthouse and get a copy of the case.  It will also show you the attorney that represented Loren Meyer.

CITY OF PAYNESVILLE VS LOREN E MEYER

StateCountyCourt
StateCountyCourt, Source or Jurisdiction

MN

STEARNSSTEARNS COURT

Case NumberDispositionCase Type
Case NumberDispositionCase Type
73-C7-02-003314-CONDEMNATION

Case StatusJurisdictionDate FiledJudge
Case StatusJurisdictionDate FiledJudge
CONVERTED CLOSED-07/05/2002HAYDEN, ELIZABETH A.

Plaintiff(s)

Full Name
Full Name
→ CITY OF PAYNESVILLE

Defendant(s)

Full Name
Full Name
→ LOREN E MEYER

CASE ENTRIES

No case entries available at this time.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :