AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Cat has a swollen ear
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 9/25/2017 02:34 (#6268680 - in reply to #6268672)
Subject: RE: Farm Cat has a swollen ear

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
I had to laugh our vet told the neighbor it was ok to use pour on cattle wormer generic Ivomec on his cats that weren't looking so good. But per his recommendations try the cats you don't like first!

Years ago my second boy had a pet black cat named "Favorite", he wasn't very old at the time. Anyway this kitten wasn't doing very good, I figured he was going to die. Well my son called his mom at work and said; mom my cat needs to go to the vet. My wife tried to explain to him gently we don't take farm cats to the vet. Well my son said how would you like it if you were sick and we didn't take you to the doctor! So my wife called me on my cell phone to stop into the farm and take a look at the cat.

So I get there he is not doing good. So I had my son get a bottle of penicillin from fridge, I give cat a small shot. And had him get him some milk. He and I sat on the porch and doctored this cat. Well cat went to drinking milk, and perked up. Well cat went on to live a normal cat life. My wife kind of got the bad rap for not wanting to take cat to vet.

Vet told me later he thought the kitten had distemper, shot wouldn't have helped I thought if I remember right.

Edited by Russ In Idaho 9/25/2017 02:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)