AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Early planted soybeans (benifits/negatives)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

vailcat
Posted 9/23/2017 15:17 (#6265580 - in reply to #6265495)
Subject: RE: Early planted soybeans (benifits/negatives)

NCND
We agree differemt maturities but here in the little cut this year in an area where maturities are 008-04 the .008 seemed to not benefit much from august rains as they shut down flowering and were short. Haven't cut later maturing beans
But they look much better. We went 47 days without rains June into July with only .34 in July. Then august 2-18 had 3.9". Cut some early maturing beans planted mod may that went 33. My neighbor had a bean that was more or less an 03 that went 40-42.

Understand that imho these maturities are either all a 008-009 it seems even though companies call them 008-02. It seems to me up here that everything is either a 03 or a 008-009 with no middle ground. The 03 can make you nervous to beat a frost while a 009 often starts yellowing in august.

Not really relevant to your situation:) but I'm leaning back towards a mix and match of some early beans early along with some later beans early then finishing out planting by date. Or if it's may 12th and we are close to done maybe stick with longer ones. I dunno what is best as I never know what the season can be like.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)