AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insurance denying claims
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Minuteman Farmer
Posted 9/20/2017 19:07 (#6260014)
Subject: Insurance denying claims

Country denied neighbors claim for dicamba damage on a few of our fields. Said chemical fault not his. It may have been volitization and/or drift.

Ok. Hopeful neighbor will still make things right if there is a loss.

But couple points....

After I called it to his attention we met, looked at the damage and he notified the insurance. Crop adjuster came out (without me) abd verified damage but admited he didnt walk the whole area. Claims agent calls and tell me its denied. I find it very difficult to believe that a thorough investigation took place by Country to determine it was chemical and not applicator fault. Seems they are blanket denying all these.

Second, even if it is a problem with chemical...isnt that one of the reasons we have liability insurance? Why cant Country pay claims then go after Monsanto if they think they need too. If a tire blows on my semi and causes an accident do they deny the claim and tell the other party to go after michelin?

Third, country consists of farmers for farmers. All three parties involved are Country clients...at least for now. Wouldnt there be some incentive to handle it in house to keep your clients reasonably happy? Make an honest attempt to cover folks this year and then handle things different next year with a rider or something?

Fourth, if things like this arent covered it really makes you wonder what else is open to so much interpretation? Kinda scary when thinking about your policy and what it actually will and will not take care of.

Last, how or why deny a claim before you know ther is a claim? Thats their biggest mistake. Maybe I go out and combine and there is no measurable damage or its small enough where as neighbors we just sort it out. They could have waited to see the ACTUAL claim/damage, if any, before just taking a position to deny them all. Probably would have prevented alot of sore feelings.

We'll see how it all works out but will need to seriously reevaluate insurance options for next year.

Have a safe harvest.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)