AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do you have your generator transfer switch mounted?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 9/20/2017 07:05 (#6258913 - in reply to #6258709)
Subject: RE: How do you have your generator transfer switch mounted?

Thanks Russ, that sounds like a slick way to do it. Yes, if you find it convenient to do so, I would be happy to see pictures of how you did yours but don't go out of your way to do so.

I have never heard of uni-strut. A google search showed it to be sort of like light channel iron with the channel partially closed by "lips" and then evenly spaced holes drilled on the back side of the channel.

It looks like it's designed to slide nuts into the channel and then run a bolt through to mount stuff to it.

I assume the stuff that gets mounted to it is not supposed to be mounted to the open side of the channel but rather to the closed side?

Likewise I suppose when you mount it to the galvanized pipe you put the open end of the channel away from the galvanized pipe and just use u-bolts?

I suppose there are different sizes of uni-strut. Is there a good size that should be chosen? Do you buy special nuts that can fit in the channel of the uni-strut?

I imagine in addition to the two pieces of uni-strut for the box I have (which is maybe 50#?) I should mount a 3rd piece closer to the top piece for more support for the smaller boxes?

Thanks for the clear description. Sounds like a really good plan and is something I could do before the electrician shows up so it's quick and easy for him to get everything done.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)