AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fertility treatments & health insurance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ben5398
Posted 9/19/2017 12:09 (#6257214 - in reply to #6256328)
Subject: RE: Fertility treatments & health insurance

Central Illinois
emtbd1979 - 9/18/2017 21:35

Frmrsw - 9/18/2017 21:23

Looking for insurance that helps with fertility treatments such as iui or ivf.

Also Interested in any financial tips/hints as well as your experiences.

Have you heard of any fertility clinics that are cheaper than a hospital doctor?

Currently on medishare, they don't cover anything fertility related. Used to have medical mutual, they covered percentage of some testing but was expensive .

So far spent around $10k for testing, laparoscopy, and 2 iui's . Diagnosed with endometriosis. Now looking into ivf but throwing 17k out with a prayer in this economy is tough.

Appreciate your prayers and response
went through it all. Blue cross and blue shield paid almost all of the close to $100,000 we spent over 2 years. What would you like to know?

Agree with emtb1979 about Blue Cross, after 5 retrievals and just about every test available we were out about 30-40Gs and spent well over the 120,000 over 4 years. For a while we were on a different insurance, I can not remember which company and it was horrid. Though I would like to be optimistic it is hard to be when all you come away with is a wife that has deteriorated joints and a thyroid condition likely brought on by the meds. But our goal was to say we did all we could if it failed.

I would say look for a job with a good insurance as other suggested.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)