AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Menards buildings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

woodchuck
Posted 9/19/2017 02:53 (#6256427 - in reply to #6256215)
Subject: RE: Menards buildings

East central Iowa
My son built a 30x40 shop from menards kit. He screwed all framing together, no nails and then wrapped entire building with Tyvek. I'm sure in 40 years the paint will be faded just like a Morton or any other. I've got a lot of Menards tin on my farm, it's ok.
Any building or house is going to need repairs in less than 40 yrs. old. It's all about how well it was put together. Yes I would take picture and specs to a local lumber yard and have them price out. The key to a long lasting building is when there is a leak or damage, Fix right away don't ignore. All buildings require maintenance. I've got 2 big pole buildings 32 and 50 years old that never got maintained and now aren't worth putting much money into. They will just need replaced. Rotted off posts, roof leaks, doors beat up, no paint left on tin. It's all about ROI.
Dave
P.S. Just did some repairs on a customers house. They had new roof and siding put on 3 years ago. Had a leak by front door from day one when it rained due to improper flashing when roof was done. $100repair then. Now have $4500 damage to house.
Expensive lesson.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)