AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mapping drainage tile.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KevinM
Posted 9/16/2017 10:23 (#6251344 - in reply to #6251191)
Subject: RE: Mapping drainage tile.

SE IL
tedbear - 9/16/2017 08:42

I have not done this with a phone app but have done it with various Ag Leader displays through the years. One year I just drove the combine around in the field without a head. Looked strange but it was a stable ride and had a good view.

The last time I did this was with an Ag Leader Insight that I temporarily installed in my Polaris Ranger. I created a fake planting configuration for a crop I don't plant such as peanuts. With a planting configuration you are able to name the varieties. I chose variety names such as old tile, New 4", New 8" etc. I would start/stop the mapping with the onscreen icon and change "varieties" when I got to a different size. Each variety or tile size was plotted in a different color. Later I used computer software to print out these maps.

I've never understood why the display manufacturers don't create a method to map tile and such as a reference layer like a boundary. That way it's always with the field and you don't have to remember which year you "planted" the tile. Deere users have used area flags to accomplish this also but I don't see why it needs to be so unnecessarily Rube Goldberg.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)