AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So you think you have problems hiring people?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jcolli140
Posted 9/14/2017 10:32 (#6247449 - in reply to #6246848)
Subject: RE: So you think you have problems hiring people?

SC Wisconsin
A lot of very good input. I agree, the blame is on both parties but I found it strange that they try to make the employees feel guilty. One of the supervisors giving the talk said if we can get people to stick around linger so they are fully trained, then we wouldn't have to work weeks on end without a day off. I certainly agree that a lot of the problem is lack of motivated employees. There was a rumor going around that they held a job fair and hired 100 people. 40 of them didn't pass the drug test and 30 of the remaining 60 didn't show up on the second day. They start people out around 12 and you can basically work unlimited hours so you can make good money, and keeping your nose to the grindstone makes it easy to advance to near 20 per hour in a couple years. Heck I started at 8.50 an hour and make over triple that and have been there 6 years. Another part of the problem is the HR office is horrible now. A new guy that got hired right into maintenance said he missed the first 3 days after he was supposed to start because they never called him to say when he should start. He ended up calling them and they said "yeah we texted you, you were supposed to start 2 days ago". The HR when I was hired was 2 ladies who had worked there a long time and we know and respected among the ranks, but now it is like 8 people and none of them can answer any questions you have for them. They always say we will get back to you and they never do. You have to harass them for a week to get a simple answer for anything. It is really agitating.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)