AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So you think you have problems hiring people?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

barren
Posted 9/14/2017 09:06 (#6247317 - in reply to #6246848)
Subject: RE: So you think you have problems hiring people?

Glasgow, Ky
One thing people need to realize too is that management can have a significant impact on the attitude and work performance of employees. I have seen employees do a 180 mainly based on management style. Typically, but not always, engineers and other technical folks are not people persons and create a negative work environment.
One of the first experiences I had in industry taught me alot. Had just taken a supervisor job. Ran into quality problems on a process so I asked the operator, who had over 20 years experience, what he thought should be done to correct the problem. His answer "ain't my job to think" shocked me. After I had been there awhile I understood his attitude. Employees had been treated like they were simpleton's in the past and they had no incentive to act otherwise. With changes in management style and personnel these same employees eventually worked without direct supervision and made many of the day to day decisions formerly made by management. It took time and training to change the culture that had been ingrained in them for years. It's up to management to recognize this and commit to make it happen.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)