AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So you think you have problems hiring people?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 9/14/2017 06:50 (#6247012 - in reply to #6246848)
Subject: RE: So you think you have problems hiring people?

n.c.iowa
That seems to be the current "way to improve things" at the moment. It's gotta be the work place environment that's the issue for the high turnover.

I was a supervisor in a small manufacturing plant for 13 years. the plant managers wife and my wife are pretty good friends, so a couple years back we were both camping at the same lake, so we got together one night to tell some stories and have a couple cocktails. Eventually the plant managers wife asked me this question "Johnny what was the toughest part of your job"?(I was a second shift supervisor).

I didn't have to think very long, I responded "the toughest part was convincing my fellow employees that it was in their best interest to come to work the next day, and that their contributions were meaningful".

What it comes down too, is this the people that wanna work are working, the rest don't really want to work, but they have to, and some of the gov. Social programs has made it too easy for them to survive without working, and they are the ones that keep getting recycled.

Edited by johnny skeptical 9/14/2017 06:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)