AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case 1896 pto shaft again ?'s
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ihmanky
Posted 9/12/2017 14:38 (#6243494)
Subject: Case 1896 pto shaft again ?'s

KY
Well, haven't used the pto on this tractor on anything besides 3 point equipment since I last posted, so here we go again. I put my batwing on the 1896 yesterday since it has duals and I had some steep hills where I was going to mow. I covered about 3 acres and it tossed the shaft out. I put the shaft back in and replaced the snap ring, made couple sure it was seated all the way, and went back to it. 10 minutes later, its back out. Long story short, I focused on just the steep parts, got those done and in total replaced it 5 times. I got the steep stuff done, and took it home and switched tractors and went back and finished. Mower has a brand new CV and new joints on the gearbox side. Operates smooth, the halves telescope freely. No scars on the 540/1000 stub, the spring housing feels good, and the slot for the retaining ring is clean when I put in the snap ring. The ring is new as well, that was the first thing I replaced when it started doing this. This mower is 540, and I have no 1,000 rpm stuff anymore to see if it does it on the 1,000 end as well. Someone mentioned before a way to lock it in to where it won't back out?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)