AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calibrate Montag w/ AgLeader Versa
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/12/2017 12:57 (#6243327 - in reply to #6243226)
Subject: RE: Calibrate Montag w/ AgLeader Versa

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
nlegler - 9/12/2017 11:05

Curious how everyone goes about calibrating each load with their Montag dry carts?  I picked up a 6 ton that I am setting up to get ran by my Versa pulled behind my strip till rig.  It came with a scale which I have gathered makes it a bit easier to do. 

Also curious for guys that are VR their dry are you basing it off of removal of previous crop or are you putting out for a yield goal for next crop?

The Ag Leader configuration will give you access to a Wizard that helps with the calibration. There is the Static calibration and the Dynamic calibration.

For the static calibration, you run some real product or a product with similar characteristics through the system and then determine how much went through by weight which will be easy with a built in scale. This is typically done in the dooryard rather than in the field for real. The product is caught or spread on concrete where it can be picked up later. This Wizard will tell you step by step what to do. This determines the initial cal number for that product and should get you in the ballpark. Different products will have different densities and flow characteristics so this process is generally done for each product.

Later when you actually apply the product for real you may find that the applied weight doesn't quite agree with the scale weight. You can then enter in the "real" weight and the system will modify its cal number internally.

Later if you check your scale you will likely find that the weights don't exactly agree. This is the nature of metering granular products and is not an exact science.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)