AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How should this coffee be brewed?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

kpaul
Posted 9/12/2017 11:31 (#6243135 - in reply to #6242332)
Subject: RE: How should this coffee be brewed?

north central Iowa, Hampton
In a Bunn hot water won't make much difference, since your reservoir is already hot. For a Mr. Coffee type pot that has to heat the water, putting in already hot water is going to make it brew faster--maybe too fast for the filter to handle.

For the folks who can tell the difference, hot water has gone through the water heater and might not have the same flavor as "fresh" out of the cold tap.

I'm also betting your overflow problem is related to the grind. My Bunn has a disc w/ 3 holes right over the filter--usually the problem with a Bunn is those holes get plugged w/ calcium and it slows down. I suppose you could try unscrewing the distributor disk and plugging a hole. It will brew slower, but maybe it won't overflow the filter. I've used the "permanent filter" baskets before, but usually because I was cheap and didn't want to keep buying paper filters. I don't know if they'd work for your problem or not.

Oh, and I'm too tight to use that much coffee per pot--I generally am ok with 4-5 heaping tablespoons per 10 cup pot. If less makes coffee strong enough for you and it doesn't run out the top--well, less mess, less cost...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)