AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Annoying Pet Habits
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Funacres Daughter
Posted 9/10/2017 20:21 (#6240215)
Subject: Annoying Pet Habits

Texas
I currently have the miserable obligation, pardon that, I intended to type "privilege" of taking care of Mom's cats for a few days. One of them is overly tame and has a lap sitting addiction.

The weather was beautiful this afternoon, so I decided to spend some time sitting on the patio. Well, the cats hear me on the patio and start appearing. The fur ball with the lap sitting addiction sees me sitting on one of the patio chairs and decides to head straight for my lap. Now, I do not have anything against this cat; however, I had three good reasons for not wanting him on my lap:

1. I was not in the mood to have a cat sitting on my lap, and almost never am.

2. Cooking and laundry were both on the to do list for today, and I do not relish having cat fur on clean laundry or in dinner.

3. This cat enjoys digging his claws into whatever he is sitting on. He is not being mean, he just likes to stretch his paws out and then dig his claws in. I suppose it is his was of stretching or relaxing. However, when he is sitting on a lap, this habit leads to clothes with little holes in them as well as injured skin. Both of which I find very irritating.

So, with the above in mind, when I see the cat heading for my lap, I stand up. He looks at me and then lays down on the patio with a slightly defeated look. I sit down on one of the patio chairs again, the cat stands up and prepares to jump on my lap. I stand up again. The cat is only interested in sitting on my lap, none of the available patio chairs, or the patio, or the patio's flowerbeds suit him.

After three of four times of the stand up, sit down routine, the fur ball starts to give me a look that I would interpret as: " Your mean for not letting me sit on your lap." every time he lays down on the patio. Finally, after about a dozen times of this highly annoying routine I decide to give up on sitting on the patio.

Picture is of the cat giving me the "your mean" look.

So, what annoying habits do your pets have?

Edit: Forgot to add picture.

Edited by Funacres Daughter 9/10/2017 20:21

(fullsizeoutput_9fa.jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments fullsizeoutput_9fa.jpeg (183KB - 398 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)