AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Versa question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/10/2017 07:56 (#6239137 - in reply to #6238384)
Subject: RE: Versa question

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
You cannot just get an adapter cable to put the Versa in place of the YM2000. The YM2000 could be replaced with a PF3000 without any change or adapters. The PF3000 would have some extra features. I did that very thing when I switched from a YM2000 to a PF3000.

The YM2000, PF3000 and PF Advantage were the early Ag Leader yield monitors. With their design all the "brains" were inside the unit in the cab. Starting with the Insight and all displays following (including the Versa), Ag Leader went to a CAN system. CAN stands for a computer area network. This means that modules are used throughout the vehicle and do specific tasks related to the job. These modules are interconnected to make a complete system.

For yield monitoring, three modules are used. One is to measure the Mass flow which is in the top of the clean grain elevator. Another is for moisture and is typically located on the side of the clean grain elevator. The third modules deals with the head height and ground speed. The advantage of such a system is that the display can be used in a different situation by connecting it to the appropriate modules for the job. Ag Leader has modules for a variety of situations such as planting, spraying, tiling etc.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)