AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fraudulent business partner
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 9/7/2017 06:46 (#6233762 - in reply to #6232760)
Subject: RE: Fraudulent business partner

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Well I would head to NRCS office and request to see all paperwork. But I'm betting you will get told you can't look at it so then you will have to file a freedom of information act (FOIA) in order to see it. Then,go from there. But I really don't know why you can't deal right up front with your partner. He would be the first one I would be talking to face to face.

Lot of fraud in those contracts I've seen over the years. Deals like yours, guys partnered on water irrigation systems, one guy will file, and other owner was never notified that project was going on. Until crews showed up to dig. Then it was too late to get other landowner on project. I've seen practices put in place, owners signed 10 year agreements to keep practices in place. But they sell farm in less than 2 years, change practices. Nobody repaid government.

Now I understand county boards can't question this type of stuff, names, etc. My feelings are if you have big enough balls to screw your partners, neighbors nobody will stop them, certainly not the NRCS as it would make them look foolish.

Seen CRP lands keep getting enrolled for more than 30 years, but they never live up to their contracts on fencing, weed control, but they still get their checks.

Edited by Russ In Idaho 9/7/2017 06:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)