AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Aldi's
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

donutdunker
Posted 9/6/2017 11:51 (#6232371 - in reply to #6231326)
Subject: RE: Aldi's

North Central Ohio
Give them a 2nd chance! It took me awhile to come around to shopping there as well and now we do as much grocery getting there as possible (some items they don't carry, others might just be seasonal, and still others we just prefer name brand). A grocery bill amounting to $100 anywhere else (Yes, including wally world!) is consistently 40%less at Aldi.

my favorite things to get there: dry goods, fresh produce, milk, eggs, bread. (a gallon of milk is a gallon of milk, why pay $3.25 when I can get it at Aldi for $1.85, and thats just one example!)

items that are hit/miss: cereal, chips, meats.

items I prefer to get elsewhere/name brand: ketchup, dessert items like icecream or cookies, doritos, oreos

Also, everytime(!) I go there I don't need a quarter for the grocery cart because someone passes theirs off to me with a smile as I walk in and says something to the effect of "pass it on when you're done"
just a overall experience.

The way they have everything displayed is a bit different, I get what you mean by 'chinese box store' feeling but the savings are enough to outweigh that for me

try it again
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)