AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No line bifocals
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 9/4/2017 18:25 (#6228676 - in reply to #6228528)
Subject: RE: No line bifocals

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
farmdude - 9/4/2017 17:23

I just need reading glasses. I dont like the different lens for reading vs the top lens for distance. Right now I have just reading glasses an its a pain to take them on an off all the time to see distances clearly. This no line might be a good thing I dont no. Will be going to the eye doctor to get checked out an see what he recommends. Just seeing how you guys like yours if you have them. Thanks

No, not for me. I tried "no line" bifocals twice at my optometrist suggestion and found my field of vision much too narrow. I have only 1 working eye, so my vision width is about half that of a normal person with two working eyes. The no line bifocals are so distorted at the sides that I had only about 1/2 the field of vision, and with only one eye this would not do. I finally talked my eye doctor into ordering line bifocals and now trifocals that give me good undistorted vision all the way to the edge of the lens. Takes a bit to train yourself to automatically select the needed distance / medium /close lens section, but I get along good now.

Edited by Jon Hagen 9/4/2017 18:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)