AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgLeader versus Trimble
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/4/2017 08:53 (#6227822 - in reply to #6227364)
Subject: RE: AgLeader versus Trimble

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
First off I must admit that I'm very prejudiced toward Ag Leader. I used to work as a Tech and had the need to work with some of the Trimble displays. It was probably due to my experience both as a Tech and a farmer but I found the Ag Leaders always easier and more user friendly. I attribute this to the fact that the Ag Leader engineers are located in Iowa and my thinking is similar to theirs as compared to the Trimble products where the engineers are all around the world.

I owned a Trimble 750 for a time for steering. I wouldn't consider it for application. I was able to get out from under it when it needed a $700 screen repair.

I had various Ag Leader displays through the years and eventually got to the point that I had two Insights for steering and applications in two tractors (one got moved to the combine for harvest) and an Integra in a newer tractor.

Last year Ag Leader had a trade up program that allowed me to trade in the Integra and Geosteer towards an InCommand 1200, 6500 GPS and SteerCommand. This year I participated in the the current trade up program where I traded in my two Insights, Two Navs and Two 332's for the same Ag Leader equipment. This means that I now have three virtually identical setups that can be rearranged if necessary. One display will move to the combine for harvest which is very simple since I don't have auto steer in the combine.

This year I used my first InCommand 1200 for planting. No change other than a display adapter was needed. The steering work very well and I had no correction issues using TerraStar C. I have not yet used an InCommand for harvest but I don't expect any problems. I did need a display adapter cable to put the InCommand in the combine but all the wiring/module remained the same as was used with an Insight.

The trade up program should allow you to get out of the Trimble equipment and end up with a package such as I got. As usual it did cost more than what I was hoping but I now have the latest in all my rigs.

I have no experience with the TMX 2050.

Edited by tedbear 9/4/2017 08:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)