AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fixed speed feederhouse drive for 9660 combine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

BHTN
Posted 8/30/2017 11:56 (#6218705 - in reply to #6216980)
Subject: RE: Fixed speed feederhouse drive for 9660 combine

West Tennessee
I've been looking for a used fixed speed drive for a while now and had no luck. Last year on our 9770 the operator calls me and says the drive belt going down to the reverser broke. Well that's odd. Ok so we casually look it over and figure must be a fluke. Well in about another day or so the belt breaks again. OK....something going on here. Someone told me to check for play in the reverser sheaves. With the belt off of the reverser you could move the pulleys just a little as if they were loose on the reverser. Bushings were worn inside the variable sheaves. Probably caused the belt to run funky and heated it up and broke it. Replaced reverser sheaves to the tune of several grand and it runs fine. All this to tell you I would recommend taking the belt loose and make sure you have NO side to side play on those sheaves on the reverser. I could have bought the fixed speed setup for about half of what I had in the 2 belts and replacing parts on the reverser. But since I have the deal fixed now reluctant to spend the money on new parts to change it out. :-(
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)