AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Oven/Stove
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ronm
Posted 8/30/2017 09:36 (#6218472 - in reply to #6215993)
Subject: RE: Oven/Stove

Fruita CO
Ok, my stove story. When I was a kid at the ranch, we had a gas stove, propane of course. One Sunday evening we were in the kitchen talking before heading into town. My Mom was standing right in front of the stove...there was a huge BANG, orange flash, & the stove raised up & moved out from the wall about a foot. 4 of us somehow fit through the door at the same time & ended up out on the lawn. For some reason, it struck me as funny when I realized we were all still alive, & I started laughing...Mom was pissed...we went back inside & the whole kitchen was full of little black threads of ash like when you light a torch with no oxygen. My Dad was outside, he came in pissed asking who broke the bathroom window...it blew out, & he thought my sisters had been fighting & knocked it out.
Turned out somebody had leaned against the oven knob & turned it on just a little...when the stove filled with gas up to the pilot light, she let go...Mom went to town & bought an electric stove the next day, she never had another gas stove in her life.
I will never forget the sight of my mother with orange flame surrounding her & the stove lifted off the floor behind her...

Edited by ronm 8/30/2017 09:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)