AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Oven/Stove
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 8/29/2017 08:20 (#6216389 - in reply to #6215993)
Subject: RE: Oven/Stove

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

farmcdc - 8/28/2017 23:03 We are moving to our farm house sometime in the next year and will be doing a kitchen remodel before we move. We have never owned a gas range but hear people who own them rave about them. I see they are more expensive and curious why? I don't want something with an expensive computer board to replace two years from now, looking for something reliable and simple but yet still looks good and gets the job done. Can this be found without breaking the bank or should we stick with all electric?

If you've never cooked with gas, it may not be a "thing" to you at all; you may want to stay with electric. I learned to cook as a kid on a gas stove, but due to circumstances beyond my control, had electric units from the day we got married. I always said I would live long enough to have a gas stove, and succeeded finally when we remodeled the kitchen in '07.  Gas is more responsive and more infinitely adjustable since you can see the flame. When the taters are boiling over, they stop immediately when you turn the knob down.  Many, many people love their electric induction cooktop, and probably rightly so. I've never used one, so can't speak to that. But I'm so tickled to have my gas cooktop now, I'd never think of going back to electric in any style. 
My husband had some of the same trepidations as IowaMark mentioned.....his family had never had any form of gas supply and he was nervous. We'd done an LP furnace a few years prior to the kitchen, due to efficiency improvements over the electric we'd had, and so he got more comfortable with the notion. Now, he doesn't think anything about it. Installers have to be certified and there are a lot of safety factors built in any more. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)