AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7720 combine starter relay
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CornFed13
Posted 8/18/2017 16:41 (#6195614 - in reply to #6195520)
Subject: RE: 7720 combine starter relay

Pickens
The top relay is for cab? right? I think,
And the Lower for the starting circuit, so...that wire (circuit) has to go through the neutral Safety start, right, located on the (top<) of the transmission...so, I believe it was connections down at the trans that get so oily/greasy...dust etc...(voltage drop) but that isn't enough to cause a complete "no contact"...
I know its not proper, but does Jumping that relay give you a "start" condition? Every time?
One way to isolate solenoid from N/Sty, and then the other way isolates that from harness....
Is that really clear as Mud>?
And when I say jump...at that relay...there are 2 ways you can jump/test...12V to the little post, (remove wire in pic), record results...
And then jump between large terminals...jump...that isolates the relay "only"...right?

Hydro or not...I think that circuit is the same...(think)

Also, moving shifter from gate to gate (sideways only) 1/2 & 3/4 {while holding in start position} might make the difference in letting the neutral safety start switch "make" contact...
IE, if you get it to contact by moving/wiggling the lever in side motion...neutral safety switch for sure...
Usually, and common prob, the neutral safety would have metal sludge under the ball/rail and not let it depress into the cutout in the rail of the fork in the transmission...

Get back to me if you need a little more,

Good Luck

CF
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)