AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WAAS.....how accurate ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 8/18/2017 08:27 (#6194650 - in reply to #6194273)
Subject: RE: WAAS.....how accurate ?

East Central, Nebraska
as you will read above and likely below this comment, different people have different experiences using waas. i doubt the experience is different as much as it really comes down to how tolerable a person is with it.

i can sit here all day telling you why you shouldn't rely on waas for anything but telling you where to turn in your car but i would be wasting my time.

so i will tell you this. i would predict 90% of the people that i have encountered since this whole ag gps boom started have been down right upset off about the performance of waas when it comes to steering their machinery.

don't be the guy that buys the non upgradeable equipment then whines about waas' poor performance later. i talked to a guy yesterday at a farm show that claims he was mislead, and maybe he was. he claimed someone told him this is what he needs and he bought it. he said his eyes are getting bad and he just wanted to sit back and let the tractor do the steering when he plants and due to him using only waas as his correction source he felt as if he had to work harder and be more stressed this year than any previous year. dont be that guy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)