AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Photo editing and Map creation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

MidNight Mapper
Posted 8/24/2017 20:56 (#6208355 - in reply to #6190087)
Subject: Honor Fields

Colorado and Oz
I have a bit of direct and indirect knowledge on this that I am willing to share. Over the last two years and a bit more I have been provided a privileged to help sort-out essentially an identical process but for our National Cemeteries to recall exact restings for our Veterans. Yes, initiate your first mapping interest with Google Earth. There are now two Google Earths.... the old Keyhole-era design created in some 25 years back now for the CIA and other three-letters. Times change, security on the NET is totally different today, and software and the OS and its web connections and browsers light-years different... and the next billion Earth users need something Google-great! SO the "old Earth" is fading and the new "Chrome Earth" is emerging. Chrome Earth is the next-generation IMHO, of MAPS... MAPS in 3D really.

Next we can help you with the needed Android software to take geo-photos of the front and back of each head stone. For the DoD's Veteran Affairs Honor Yards project both sides of the headstone are required as husband and wife may reside head-to-head. Lots of history in these yards, truly a National story will emerge. More than one-million digitized headstone pairs completed... many more miles to go. The detailing also includes a meets and bounds as well as a complete LIDAR collection of the Cemetarys' interior with better than 50 tuples per square meter.... about fourty very accurate laser measurements per square yard. These images and the related mappings will be available on-line and at the sanctuaries when old-friends and family are re-establishing these linkages.

You should also hunt-out "MyMaps". It is a Google implementation that allows to create actually quite complex maps via their MAPS API. Let me know... if you ahve a smart phone and time to image the headstones most of the effort is readily captured in a couple of Saturday mornings? The mapping is also mostly automated. And the reference system will match the National Cemetaries

The Department of Veterans Affairs' (VA) National Cemetery Administration maintains 135 national cemeteries in 40 states (and Puerto Rico) as well as 33 soldier's lots and monument sites.
https://www.cem.va.gov/cems/listcem.asp

https://www.google.com/search?q=states+with+state+veterans+cemeterie...

Please contact me at [email protected] aka [email protected]

(Headstone.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Headstone.jpg (102KB - 611 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)