AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Phantom4??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 8/15/2017 09:48 (#6187890 - in reply to #6187802)
Subject: RE: Phantom4??

southern MN
DJI updates have been a crazy mess since the Inspire 1 came out back a few years ago.

You need to get the app, the controller, the drone itself, and the batteries all on the same compatable set of updates.

Doing so is slightly different with different models.

Newer apps tend to stress older tablets or phones.

So:

What device are you using with it? iPad, android, etc. and what model - how old how slow. Low on memory or low on processor speed might have outdated you to the newest app.

Then, look up the versions of all those bits and pieces. It is buried in the menus of your controller, when you have everything turned on......

Did you get the drone updated to match the app and controller versions? That is often a missed step, a person forgets to do both the controller and the drone - in most models they are seperate updates. It's easy to forget to get the drone itself updated and it is not explained well that it needs a seperate step, the 'easy button' update only updated the controller on many versions.......

This is more troublesome to sort out than one thinks. Many of us have stopped updating anything when we get a stable system, as it is so cumbersome to move to the next step and overcome the downgrades one gets with the 'upgrades'. I'm stuck on an update that doesn't work when it's below freezing, but I don't fly much in winter anyhow and I'm just too scared of these new glitchy updates.

Perhaps you are a veteran of all this and I see lots of folk having trouble with the latest update. I'm just mentioning the basics again in case you are fairly new to all this.....

Paul

Edited by paul the original 8/15/2017 09:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)